Risks of public WiFi
60% of consumers think their information is safe when using public internet- according to a Symantec survey
17 % think websites are responsible for protecting data
While another 17% think the Wi-Fi company is responsible
- WAP isn’t inherently dangerous, but it becomes so if it’s “unsecured”. Allowing movement of data without any form of encryption or security protection.
- There’s always the risk of a fake hotspot that’s been set up to look as though it belongs to that establishment. Feeding your personal data directly into hackers’ hands.
- If numerous users connect to the same unsecured network, malware can easily be distributed.
- Interception, modification and theft of data. This could include corporate data, intellectual property, images, social media files and email/messaging content.
- Using networks for illegal purposes.
Check out our YouTube Channel to find out more about YRoam!
Private, safe and secure connection in your back pocket, no matter where in the world you are!